About Me

mom of three, wife of one, baker, quilter, coffee drinker.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Green kitchen, yellow skirt


Last week was quite productive as I created a skirt from one of my fabric piles, and I painted my kitchen green - photos yet to be taken. It felt so good to get the kitchen done. I was getting quite sick of the peachy white walls. Milo tried to help, but he really didn't do much except get in the way.

The skirt has been fun too - but I have some modification to do tothe hem - mainly doing a real hem - as my cheat hem 0f bias tape just does not want to hold.

Tonight I am going to try my hardest to finish little Rebecca's curtains and baby Hayden's wall hanging. I'd like to deliver them both this weekend.

Last weekend I spent a relaxing time at the edge ofthe mountains - visiting with old friends. We felt like the Ya-Yas. What a great place to live!

It made me realize that I need to spend more time with my girl friends, and I have every right to try to achieve my daydreams - as it IS possible.

My friends out there decided they wanted to build a house in the mountains - so they did!

My dreams are a little smaller - I want to create a haven of my house - unique and fun and suited to Ryan and I's personalities. I am a nester, and I want to fix the house up to my specifications.

I don't want to live in it with the bland colours it has now. I want it to have my colours!

Anyhoo..back to work!

No comments: