About Me

mom of three, wife of one, baker, quilter, coffee drinker.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The benefits of company

I have to admit, that one reason I love to host playdates and visit company at home is that my house gets clean quicker.  It may not be a deep clean, but clean enough to avoid embarassement. I know that some people may not think that is the best motivation for tidying up every day, but it works for me!  Tomorrow I am getting a visit from a high school friend whose children are almost the exact same age as mine. I haven't seen her since I bumped into her on the C-train in 2000 or 2001, so I was definitely compelled to clean, as to not scare her away! (And I threw in a good scrub of the stovetop for good measure - I try to get that done at least once a month, usually the day before my mother-in-law arrives)

No comments: